Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning and Classrooms > Exam Management
Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning and Classrooms > Services for Faculty
Optical Mark Reader (OMR)
The Optical Mark Reader (OMR) System consists of an OMR scanner, software enabling the OMR to write scanned data to a file, and custom-written programs which read the raw data files from the scanner and score them. This system is managed and operated by the NDSU IT Help Desk. This service is generally used to convert manually completed test documents into digital data files. OMR can also be an easy way to collect data and convert it into an electronic format for research purposes.
- Gather the correct number of scan sheets before starting.
- Provide clear and concise instructions for using the scan sheets to students.
- Organize the sheets with the required information before bringing them to the Help Desk.
- Review the output files you receive via email carefully to ensure they are accurate
Learn More/How To's
- Required and Optional OMR Job Sheets
- Output Text Files
- Importing to Blackboard Learn Original
- Generated Reports
- Reading Data into a File for Download
- To collect and process exam results efficiently.
- To convert research data or survey responses into an electronic format.
- Provide clear instructions.
- Provide testing accommodations.
- To ensure students have a fair opportunity to take exams in a manner that is accessible, provide alternative and authentic assessment methods.