Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning and Classrooms > Exam Management
Optical Mark Reader (OMR) - Surveys
Enter this information on this webpage on a blank answer sheet.
- The NAME grid: (begin in the first grid square on the left in the top-left corner of Side 1)
- Write the word SURVEY -- fill in the corresponding bubbles below each letter
- Write any name or code you wish used as part of the output file name in the last fifteen columns
- The last word in these fifteen columns will be combined with the claim number you receive when you turn in your sheets to form the output file name
- If these columns are left BLANK, the word SURVEY is used as the prefix in the output file name
The SPECIAL CODES grid:
- Write the number of questions (right-justified) -- fill in the corresponding bubbles below each letter
This program is useful for summarizing data which has been encoded on the scanner sheets under the five-choice, single answer option: Purchase the 5-Answer Scantron Answer Sheets from the NDSU Bookstore. The sheets must be marked with a #2 pencil. Subjects do not need to put their names in the NAME grid area.
Place this sheet at the top of the stack of data sheets. Bring the completed sheets to the IT Help Desk in 150 QBB. The Help Desk consultant will ask for your NAME, DEPT, PHONE, the TYPE of sheets to be scanned, and HOW you would like your scanned OMR sheets returned. You will receive an Incident Number which will be your claim number. You will receive an email message when your OMR SURVEY job is complete.
Your OMR sheets are read into a tab-delimited file and stored. If you would like this data file sent to you via email, send email to email@example.com . Include the claim number associated with the READ run.