Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning and Classrooms > Productivity & Storage Options
Productivity and Storage Options
Productivity solutions are applications used to view, create and modify documents. Storage options include cloud locations to upload and retain documents and files.
Productivity applications include tools to create spreadsheets, letters, reports, presentations, forms, surveys and more. Tools are also available for collaboration and to manage office, employee, and student work.
NDSU offers several cloud-based storage options for students and employees. These options allow for the upload and download of files in a secure cloud-based location that can be accessed from home, office, campus or wherever you choose.
Productivity applications with secure cloud-based storage:
- Google Workspace for Education Fundamentals (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, Classroom, Drive and more)
- Microsoft Teams (included with O365 web or desktop versions - workspace, chat, videoconference, file storage and application integration)
- Microsoft Office 365 (Online versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook and more)
- Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus (Desktop versions of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, Outlook)
- Microsoft One-Drive (included with O365)
- Campus-based storage is available for employees via NDSU Central File Services.
Learn More/How To's
- Create, edit and access Office 365 files from either the desktop or online applications
- Office 365 files saved to OneDrive are synchronized between desktop and online applications so they can be accessed and edited from any internet connected device
- Teams can be used to create collaborate workspaces for groups and departments including file sharing, storage, chats, meetings, and a variety of other tools
- Google apps can be used to create, edit, access, and share files online.
- Teams, Google and O365 apps can be used for synchronous and asynchronous collaboration