As a new student at NDSU, follow the instructions below to activate your N.D. University System account, NDSU electronic ID, and email account.
At NDSU you have two IT accounts. For a more detailed explanation of the difference between the two, please view a brief video guide to the differences between your accounts below.
North Dakota University System (NDUS)
North Dakota State University (NDSU)
|Used to access:|
Blackboard NDUS System
|Used to access:|
Wired / Wireless Network
For a more visual explanation of the account activation process please view the step by step video below.
Step 1 - Claim your N.D. University System account
- Go to https://claim.ndus.edu
- Click Claim an NDUS Account
- Enter your Student ID / EMPLID and 8-digit birthdate in the fields provided
- Click Continue
- Check I Agree then click Continue to proceed
- A confirmation message displays indicating that your account has been activated. Click the Continue button again to proceed.
- Next, you will be prompted to input a new password
- After new password has been accepted, click Change Password
- A dialog box indicating that you have successfully changed your password appears. Click the Continue button to proceed to the next steps.
- You can now use the Setup Google Authentication or Setup Alternate E-mail options, or both, to set up password recovery options in case you forget your password.
- After you have set up your password recovery options, you are done with the NDUS account claim process and can log out
Step 2 - Activate your NDSU electronic ID
Your electronic ID is usually your Firstname.Lastname.
- Open a Web browser, and go to www.ndsu.edu/enroll
- Click Set up your NDSU account, and then enter the following information:
- Last Name
- Student ID / EMPLID (7-digit ID number)
- Birth Month (MM)
- Birth Day (DD)
- Birth Year (YYYY)
- Click I agree to agree to follow university and N.D. University System policies and procedures regarding use of information technology services and electronic resources
- You will then be prompted to set up Multi-Factor Authentication for the first time
- Go to the Multi-Factor Authentication - Set Up page for detailed instructions on how to set up Multi-Factor Authentication
- Be sure to use your own phone number when setting up Multi-Factor Authentication, NOT your parent/guardian's.
- Set and confirm a passphrase
- Add an email recovery option, and then retrieve the code from your email account to validate it
- Optional: Add a phone (SMS) recovery option, and then retrieve the code from your phone to validate it
- Click Logout in the top right corner when finished
Step 3 - Log into your email for the first time
- Go to the Microsoft Office 365 login page
- Enter your NDSU email username (typically FirstName.LastName@ndus.edu)
- Enter the password associated with your N.D. University System ID
- Click Sign In
- You will then be asked to approve a Multi-Factor Authentication prompt
- An Outlook Web App page should now load, choose your language and Time Zone and click OK to finish
- You should now see your Inbox