Topics Map > Services > Accounts, Access, and ID Card > Account Hub
New Student Checklist
Notice: If you are looking for resources on HyFlex teaching, please visit our Teach HyFlex Page
As a new student at NDSU, follow the instructions below to activate your N.D. University System account, NDSU electronic ID, and email account.
At NDSU you have two IT accounts.
North Dakota University System (NDUS)
North Dakota State University (NDSU)
|Used to access:|
Blackboard NDUS System
|Used to access:|
Wired / Wireless Network
Claim your N.D. University System account
- Go to https://claim.ndus.edu
- Click Claim an NDUS Account
- Enter your Student ID / EMPLID and 8-digit birthdate in the fields provided
- Click Continue
- Check I Agree then click Continue to proceed
- A confirmation message displays indicating that your account has been activated. Click the Continue button again to proceed.
- Next, you will be prompted to input a new password
- After new password has been accepted, click Change Password
- A dialog box indicating that you have successfully changed your password appears. Click the Continue button to proceed to the next steps.
- You can now use the Setup Google Authentication or Setup Alternate E-mail options, or both, to set up password recovery options in case you forget your password.
- After you have set up your password recovery options, you are done with the NDUS account claim process and can log out
Activate your NDSU electronic ID
Your electronic ID is usually your Firstname.Lastname.
- Open a Web browser, and go to www.ndsu.edu/enroll
- Click Set up your NDSU account, and then enter the following information:
- Last Name
- Student ID / EMPLID (7-digit ID number)
- Birth Month (MM)
- Birth Day (DD)
- Birth Year (YYYY)
- Click I agree to agree to follow university and N.D. University System policies and procedures regarding use of information technology services and electronic resources
- You will then be prompted to set up Multi-Factor Authentication for the first time
- Go to the Multi-Factor Authentication - Set Up page for detailed instructions on how to set up Multi-Factor Authentication
- Set and confirm a passphrase
- Add an email recovery option, and then retrieve the code from your email account to validate it
- Optional: Add a phone (SMS) recovery option, and then retrieve the code from your phone to validate it
- Click Logout in the top right corner when finished
Log into your email for the first time
- Go to the Microsoft Office 365 login page
- Enter your NDSU email username (typically FirstName.LastName@ndus.edu)
- Enter the password associated with your N.D. University System ID
- Click Sign In
- You will then be asked to approve a Multi-Factor Authentication prompt
- An Outlook Web App page should now load, choose your language and Time Zone and click OK to finish
- You should now see your Inbox