New Student Checklist
As a new student at NDSU, follow the instructions below to activate your N.D. University System account, NDSU electronic ID, and email account.
At NDSU you have two IT accounts.
Used to access:
Blackboard NDUS System
Used to access:
Wired / Wireless Network
Claim your N.D. University System account
- Go to https://claim.ndus.edu
- Click Claim an NDUS Account
- Enter your Student ID / EMPLID and 8-digit birthdate in the fields provided
- Click Continue
- Check I Agree then click Continue to proceed
- A confirmation message displays indicating that your account has been activated. Click the Continue button again to proceed.
- Next, you will be prompted to input a new password
- After new password has been accepted, click Change Password
- A dialog box indicating that you have successfully changed your password appears. Click the Continue button to proceed to the next steps.
- Next, you will be prompted to select three security questions
- Click Save Answers. A Thank You message appears.
- Clicking Continue produces a dialog box that allows you to go back and change your password, reset the security questions you’ve set up, Setup Google Authentication or Setup Alternate E-mail account for password recovery.
- Once you have reached this dialog box, you will have completed the process of claiming your NDUS account
Activate your NDSU electronic ID
Your electronic ID is usually your Firstname.Lastname.
- Open a Web browser, and go to www.ndsu.edu/enroll
- Click Set up your NDSU account, and then enter the following information:
- Last Name
- Student ID / EMPLID (7-digit ID number)
- Birth Month (MM)
- Birth Day (DD)
- Birth Year (YYYY)
- Follow instructions at Multi-Factor Authentication - Set Up
Log into your email for the first time
- Go to the Microsoft Office 365 login page
- Enter your NDSU email username (typically FirstName.LastName@ndus.edu)
- Enter the password associated with your N.D. University System ID
- Click Sign In
- An Outlook Web App page should now load, choose your language and Time Zone and click OK to finish
- You should now see your Inbox