Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning and Classrooms > Productivity & Storage Options
How to Use Google Forms
Below are instructions on how to use Google Forms at NDSU.
- Sign in to Google using your NDSU credentials (typically your email@example.com).
- Locate the Google apps icon in the upper right-hand corner of the Google homepage.
- Select Forms from the options to open up your Google Forms.
- Your Google Forms homepage has several features:
- Start New Form - You can choose to start with a blank form or choose from Google's vast library of templates.
- Recent Form - A brief preview of different forms you’ve used recently will appear here for your convenience.
- Sorting Forms - You are able to sort your forms by ownership, you can select this at the top of the recent form section. You can select from forms owned by anyone, owned by yourself, or owned by only others. You can also sort by last opened by me, last modified by me, last modified, and tile and that is under the AZ symbol.
- To create a new Google Form, simply select the template you want or select a blank form. This will open up a new window with your new project.
- If you already have a form you want to edit, simply open your desired form to start your work.
- Editing Your Form:
- Change the theme of your form by clicking the paint icon.
- Preview your form by selecting the eye icon.
- Use undo and redo arrows to revert any mistakes you made while the form is still open.
- Add a question to your form by clicking + in the menu towards the right.
- Add title and description
- Select the type of question from the drop-down menu towards the right of the question title.
- Add an image or a video to your form by selecting an image icon or video icon in the menu on the right. The video/image cannot be added to the question.
- Add a section to your form by selecting icon from the menu on the right and adding a name to your section.
- Duplicate your question, image, or video by selecting icon. Duplicate your section by selecting more and clicking Duplicate section.
- Reuse questions from previous forms by selecting "Import question" from the menu. Click the form with the questions you want to import. On the right, check the box next to each question you want to add. Click Import questions.
- Delete a question, image, or video by selecting the bin icon. To delete a section select more > Delete section > OK
- Shuffle or Reorder your questions by holding and dragging them and moving them to your desired place.
- Shuffle or Reorder your section by clicking more on any section > Move section > Select Up or Down arrows > Save
- Change your settings according to your preference by selecting the Settings tab.
- Finally, send your form to people via email, as a link, or as embedded HTML.