Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning and Classrooms > Productivity & Storage Options
How to Use Google Sheets
Below are instructions on how to use you Google Sheets.
- Sign in to Google
- Locate the Google apps icon in the upper right-hand corner of the Google homepage.
- Select Sheets from the options to open up your Google Sheets. Alternatively, you can simply navigate to docs.google.com/spreadsheets
- Your Google Sheets homepage has several features:
- Start New Sheet - You can choose to start with a blank spreadsheet or choose from google vast library of templates.
- Recent Sheets - A brief preview of different sheets you’ve used recently will appear here for your convenience.
- Sorting Sheets - You are able to sort your sheets by ownership, you can select this at the top of the recent sheets section. You can select from sheets owned by anyone, owned by yourself, or owned by only others. You can also sort by last opened by me, last modified by me, last modified, and tile and that is under the AZ symbol
- To create a new Google sheet, simply select the template you want or select a blank sheet. This will open up a new window with your new project.
- If you already have a sheet you want to edit, simply open your desired sheet to start your work.
- Editing Your Sheet - Navigation Bar Starting Left to Right
- We have your undo and redo arrows, these are used to revert any mistakes you made while the document has been open.
- We then have the print button this is used to print out your spreadsheet
- There is also the paint format tool that converts the whole amount of selected text to the same format
- Next is the zoom feature, this allows you to zoom in a different interval
- There is also number formatting assistance to help make numbers look clean and professional
- There are also tools to help you edit your sheet whether that be text font, size, color, or even bold, strikethrough, and italic.
- There is also functions to change the cell fill color, and the boarder around each cell, and merging cells
- There are also text formatting features, that are either aligning text and text wrapping.
- There is also functions to add links, comments, and charts
- Finally, there is buttons to add filters and a button to apply calculations to selected numbers.