Topics Map > Teaching HyFlex
Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning, and Classrooms > Learning Management System
Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning, and Classrooms > Synchronous Online Instruction
First Day Teaching HyFlex at NDSU Checklist
Notice: If you are looking for resources on HyFlex teaching, please visit our Teach HyFlex Page
Below is a checklist for instructors preparing to teach HyFlex at NDSU.
- Where are your classrooms located?
- Instrumented Classroom Table – this is a working document listing classroom technology and seating
- Know the COVID 19 classroom capacity – listed in table link above
- View a recorded session on the HyFlex classroom technology
- If your classroom does not have all of the technology on the first day, you can still teach with HyFlex instruction.
- Make Bb course available NDSU Course Activation
- Update and post syllabus for Fall 2020
- Fall Syllabus Checklist with COVID 19 information provided by the Provost’s office
- Include clear instructions and expectations for HyFlex teaching & learning with students in classroom and remote students, synchronously.
- Post an announcement welcoming students to the course
- Select the web conferencing tool being used for this course Web Conferencing Matrix comparison
- Attend a workshop to learn more about the web conferencing tool
- Provide instructions for students on the web conferencing tool, including links to training
- Confirm technology tools required for students for this HyFlex course
- Run a practice session a couple of times to get comfortable with the application. Advise your students to try it out also.
- Provide easy to find links in Blackboard (Menu panel is right up front) for students to join the class session
- Make clear your course requirements and attendance expectations for HyFlex teaching & learning
- Supplies, masks, camera, microphone, computer, Internet connectivity
- Social Distancing
- Physical symptoms
- Post resources for students with COVID 19 questions in Bb course
- Be prepared to teach remotely if the need arises.
- Students may need to do some asynchronous coursework, intermittently. Short videos and alternative assessments are helpful.
Teaching Tools & Technology
As with all things in education, the incorporation of technology into your teaching practice should begin with your optimal pedagogical process. Tutorials and workshops available in the IT Teaching Tools & Technology knowledge-base.
- Course information, assignments, communication - Bb
- Live Class delivery and online collaboration
- Recording mini lectures, tutorials, presentations
- Bb Collaborate Ultra
- TurningPoint Web
- Bb Collaborate Ultra
- YuJa video quizzes (asynchronous)
- Discussion forums
- Assignment feedback
- Virtual office hours (Zoom, Bb Collaborate Ultra, Teams)
- Presentation Tools
- Assessment & Evaluation