Topics Map > Services > Computing Equipment, Software and Support > Hardware
Hardware - ITS Standards
ITS is recommending to all departments the purchase of HP EliteDesk (desktop) and HP EliteBook (laptop) computers.
ITS is making this recommendation because the hardware contained within these systems will stay consistent for at least 18 months, thus making them enterprise-level hardware. Departments are free to order from other PC manufacturers but these system will not be supported by Desktop Support.
- A lower purchase price for standard computers has been negotiated.
- The setup of the new computer can be streamlined through a process called imaging.
- The drivers for the standard models are placed within the image to allow for easier installation. Imaging allows for the base Windows installation, antivirus, and all updates to be installed with 30 minutes rather than many hours.
- Hardware replacement for out-of-warranty machines is made easier due to an increased parts supply of identical machines.
- Troubleshooting of hardware is easier because the technicians are familiar with the standard hardware.
End of Life - Hardware
- HP 800 EliteDesk G1 - June 30, 2020
- Dell OptiPlex 7010 / 9010 - June 30, 2019
- Dell OptiPlex 790 / 990 - June 30, 2018
- Dell OptiPlex 780 / 980 - June 30, 2016
- Dell Optiplex 760 / 960 - June 30, 2015
- HP 850/840/820 EliteBook G2 - June 30, 2020
- HP 850/840/820 EliteBook G1 - June 30, 2019
- Dell Latitude E6430 / E6530 - June 30, 2017
- Dell Latitude E6420 / E6520 - June 30, 2016
- Dell Latitude E6410 / E6510 - June 30, 2015
End of Life - Software
|Supported Desktop||Supported Laptop||Non-Standard Desktop||Non-Standard Laptop|
|Pre-Negotiated Purchase Price||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|In Warranty PC Hardware Replacement by ITS||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Out of Warranty PC Hardware Replacement by ITS||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Mac Warranty Support||Book Store||Book Store||Book Store||Book Store|
|Hardware Support||6 years||5 years||None||None|
|Software Support||6 years||5 years||Limited||Limited|