Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning and Classrooms > Productivity & Storage Options
Google Classroom offers flexible ways to organize communications, files, and other resources in a team environment. Google Classroom should not be seen as a substitute or replacement for Blackboard Learn Original. Blackboard Learn Original remains the officially supported Learning Management System (LMS) at NDSU. The responsibility of end users is to retain and back up any course materials, grades, or any other content in Google Classrooms. Please see Records Management for more information about records retention and management at NDSU.
Instructors can use it to:
- Create and manage online course content
- Give direct, real-time feedback
- Create classes, post assignments, organize files, and view work in real-time
- Courses are created in separate Google Drive folders
Students can use it to:
- Keep track of coursework and materials
- Share resources and interact with peers
- Get feedback
- Create an online portfolio
- Sign in to Google Classroom using your Bison Login (typically email@example.com).