Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning and Classrooms > Learning Management System
Google classroom offers flexible ways to organize communications, files and other resources in a team environment.
Google Classroom should not be seen as a substitute or replacement for Blackboard. Blackboard remains the officially supported Learning Management System (LMS) at NDSU.
Retention and backup of any course materials, grades, or any other content in Google Classrooms is the responsibility of end users of G Suite. Please see Records Management for more information about records retention and management.
Instructors can use it to:
- Create and manage online course areas and assignments
- Give direct, real-time feedback
- Create classes, post assignments, organize files, and view work in real-time
- Courses are created in a separate Google Drive folders
Students can use it to:
- Keep track of coursework and materials
- Share resources and interact with peers
- Get feedback
- Create an online portfolio
- Go to Google Classroom (right click to open in a new tab or window)
- Type your NDSU email address (typically email@example.com) in the Email field.
- Log in with your NDSU electronic ID and passphrase
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I go to get more information about how to get started and use Google Classroom?
The Google Classroom Help Center provides an overview, how to's, and other resources that can assist you with using Google Classroom.
How do I change my Google Classroom password?
You use your NDSU electronic ID and passphrase to log into Google Classroom. Please see the NDSU Account Management page for information on changing your passphrase and managing your NDSU account.