The NDSU Account Management System is used by students, faculty, staff and authorized guests to set up and manage their NDSU accounts.
NDSU accounts are used to access many information technology services and systems at the university, including:
- Computer labs
- InCommon authentication
- Office workstation computers
Use the NDSU Account Management System to activate an account, view account information and manage your account. Options include:
- Change your passphrase
- Set up phone and/or email recovery options in case you forget your passphrase
- Choose to receive notifications via phone and/or email regarding changes to your passphrase, recovery options and other authentication changes
- Manage Duo settings
First-time Account Setup
New faculty, staff and students must complete a one-time process to activate their NDSU accounts.
- Go to the Account Management System
- Click Set up your NDSU account, and then enter the following information:
- Last Name
- Student ID / EMPLID (7-digit ID number)
- Birth Month (MM)
- Birth Day (DD)
- Birth Year (YYYY)
Manage Account Options
Faculty, staff and students who have already set up their accounts can use the Account Management system to manage account options and view other information.
- Go to the Account Management System, click Login and enter your username and password
- In the left menu, click Recovery Options
- View, setup, edit or delete you account recovery options, including:
- Phone (SMS) Recovery and Notification
- Email Recovery and Notification
- Security Question
Frequently Asked Questions
What is my Student ID / EMPLID?
Your Student ID / EMPLID is a unique 7-digit ID number. If you do not know your Student ID / EMPLID, contact the NDSU IT Help Desk at 701-231-8685.
How do I recover my account if I do not have access to my alternative email or phone to retrieve my passphrase?
Please contact the NDSU IT Help Desk at 701-231-8685 for assistance recovering your account.
What is the difference between my Electronic ID and University System ID?
Your NDSU electronic ID is the account you use to access many NDSU IT services, including Blackboard (through Spring 2019), computer labs, office workstation computers and the wireless network.
Your University System ID, which typically has the same username as your NDSU Electronic ID, is used to access services provided by the N.D. University System (e.g., Campus Connection, HR Self-Service and Blackboard beginning in Summer 2019, which also includes math placement). Manage your University System account options online.
Can the Account Management System be used for guest and affiliate accounts?
NDSU Guest and Affiliate Accounts provide guest access to NDSU services. These accounts currently are not activated or managed through the Account Management System. Visit the Account Hub - Guest and Affiliate Accounts page for more information on how to request and manage those accounts.