Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning and Classrooms > Exam Management
Respondus 4.0 - Download/Installation Instructions
Instructions to download and install Respondus 4.0
Download the installation file - goes to the NDSU Software Downloads Sharepoint site; if prompted to log in, use the same credentials you use to log in to Blackboard.
You will need the Institution Name, Local Support Contacts, and Installation Password information listed below the Respondus4Campus.exe file on the Software Downloads page as you complete the installation process!
- Save the Respondus4Campus.exe file to your computer.
- Double click the Respondus4Campus.exe installation file to begin.
- Choose the Setup Language > click Next.
- Click Next to start the InstallShield Wizard.
- Accept the license terms > click Next.
- Click Next or Change to select the Destination Location.
- Click Next or Change to select the Projects Folder location.
- Click Install.
- Click Yes to install the Respondus Equation Editor.
- If you see this error message, click OK > close any other applications and try again:
- Click OK to begin the Equation Editor installation.
- Uncheck the View Read Me option > click OK.
- Click Finish.
- Double-click the Respondus 4.0 Campus-wide icon to open Respondus.
- Enter Institution Name, Local Support Contacts, and Installation Password information (from the Software Downloads page) into the spaces provided > click License.
- Click Close to dismiss the Respondus Newsletter prompt.
- Select Blackboard from the drop-down list > click OK.
The final step is to establish a connection with the Blackboard server.
Attention Current Respondus 4.0 Users
Respondus 4.0 requires a new installation/activation password by July 31 of each year!
If you have Respondus 4.0 installed on your computer, you must update the activation password to continue using the software after July 31:
- Open the NDSU - Software Downloads page (log in with your NDUS username and password, if prompted).
- Copy the Installation Password: (valid through July 31 of each year).
- Open Respondus 4.0 > click File > Update License
- Paste the new installation/activation password into the Installation Password field > click License.
- After August 1, Respondus 4.0 should automatically prompt you to enter the new installation password the first time you open it – return to the Software Downloads page to copy the new installation password to continue.