Topics Map > Services > Accounts, Access, and ID Card > Account Hub
Topics Map > Services > Accounts, Access, and ID Card > Identity and Access Management
New Employee Account Setup
This web page is intended to give instructions for new staff and faculty to set up their accounts before starting at NDSU.
At NDSU, you have two IT accounts:
|North Dakota University System (NDUS)||North Dakota State University (NDSU)|
|Used to access:|
Blackboard NDUS System
|Used to access:|
As a new employee at NDSU, you need to activate your N.D. University System ID, NDSU electronic ID, and email account to get started using information technology services at NDSU.
Step 1 - Claim your N.D. University System account and log into your email
- Go to https://claim.ndus.edu
- Click Claim an NDUS Account.
- Enter your Student ID / EMPLID and 8-digit birthdate in the fields provided and click Continue.
- Check I Agree then click Continue to proceed.
- A confirmation message displays indicating that your account has been activated. Click the Continue button again to proceed.
- Next, you will be prompted to input a new password.
- After new password has been accepted, click Change Password
- A dialog box indicating that you have successfully changed your password appears. Click the Continue button to proceed to the next steps.
- You can now use the Setup Google Authentication or Setup Alternate E-mail options, or both, to set up password recovery options in case you forget your password.
- After you have set up your password recovery options, you are done with the NDUS account claim process and you can log out.
- Next, sign into your email for the first time by going to the Microsoft Office 365 login page.
- Enter your NDSU email username (typically FirstName.LastName@ndus.edu - notice @ndus not @ndsu) and click Next.
- Enter the password associated with your N.D. University System ID and click Log In.
- Follow the prompts to set up Multi-Factor Authentication for the first time.
- For step-by-step instructions, visit https://guide.duo.com/enrollment
- Be sure to use your own phone number when setting up Multi-Factor Authentication, NOT your parent/guardian's.
- An Outlook Web App page should now load, choose your language and Time Zone and click OK to finish
- You should now see your Inbox
Step 2 - Activate your NDSU electronic ID
- Open a Web browser, and go to www.ndsu.edu/enroll
- Click Set up your NDSU account, and then enter the following information:
- Last Name
- Student ID / EMPLID (7-digit ID number)
- Birth Month (MM)
- Birth Day (DD)
- Birth Year (YYYY)
- Click I agree to agree to follow university and N.D. University System policies and procedures regarding use of information technology services and electronic resources
- You will then be asked to approve a Multi-Factor Authentication prompt
- Set and confirm a passphrase
- Add an email recovery option, and then retrieve the code from your email account to validate it
- Optional: Add a phone (SMS) recovery option, and then retrieve the code from your phone to validate it
- Click Logout in the top right corner when finished