Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning and Classrooms > Polling
Offer instructors the ability to assess the teaching methodology, student comprehension, and more.
Polling allows for engagement, interaction, and real-time instructor feedback to ensure students are retaining information. It allows instructors to ask questions and assess student understanding.
pomtsolutions - add polling in your content or use quick informal polls with your students/participants. Results can be automatically uploaded to your Blackboard Grade Center.
Zoom - allows users to create and launch single or multiple-choice polling questions during or prior to a Zoom session to gather responses from the students/participants.
Teams - you can poll to gather feedback from students or participants.
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra – users can poll to give their attendees opportunities to participate, be engaged, and provide feedback.
- Include polling information in your syllabus describing the purpose and how it can improve student engagement and learning.
- Inform students of any technology they will need to participate.
- Be sure to identify the learning goals you plan to achieve.
- Think about the questions, activities, and discussions that will best help you achieve your desired student learning goals.
- Review the technology requirements for your course
- Follow instructor provided instructions
- Use a vendor supported and updated browser
Learn More/How To's:
- pointsolutions, part of Echo360 (Known as Turning Point) - Schedule a Polling Session
- pointsolutions, part of Echo360 (Known as Turning Point) - Upload Polling Results into Blackboard
- pointsolutions, part of Echo360 (Known as Turning Point) - Creating Poll Questions in PowerPoint
- pointsolutions, part of Echo360 (Known as Turning Point) - How to Access Scheduled Questions Lists
- Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
- pointsolutions Technologies (Coming soon)
- Zoom (Coming soon)
- Teams (Coming soon)
- Blackboard Collaborate Ultra (Coming soon)
- Assess students’ understanding in real time
- Delayed scheduling allows students to take polls at a later time (Echo360)
- Facilitate discussions
- Encourage students to reflect on course material
- Actively engage students in the learning process