Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning and Classrooms > Services for Students & Staff
First Day Teaching at NDSU Checklist
Below is a checklist for NEW instructors preparing to teach at NDSU.
- Where are your classrooms located? Instrumented Classrooms - Table
- Computer Labs Classrooms that have computer clusters and Virtual Open Lab
- View a recorded session on the Classroom Technology
- If your classroom does not have all of the technology on the first day, check with the IT Help Desk for more information.
Blackboard (Bb) Learn Original
- Update and post the syllabus for the current semester
- Include clear instructions and expectations
- Check to make sure the Syllabus meets accessibility guidelines
- After designing and updating your course for the semester start, make your course available with Blackboard Learn Original Instructor Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Post an Announcement welcoming students to the course
Teaching Tools & Technology
As with all things in education, integrating technology into your teaching practice should begin with your optimal pedagogical process. To find NDSU-supported technology tools, visit the Technology Hub and/or the IT Knowledge Base Service Category.
To learn more about pedagogical tips and how to use the technology tools, check out our Professional Development Opportunities and Training and Workshops