Student Employment (NDSU only) - IT Security Analyst
Work with the NDSU IT security team on IT security related functions as defined by NDSU policy and procedure. The individual will assist with and support processes to build a university-wide (NDSU) information security strategy and vision, which includes security policies, risk management/assessment and the coordination of IT security efforts across the University.
Hours Per Week: Minimum of 15 hours per week (Must be able to work during regular business hours of 8-5)
Starting Wage: $11.50/hour
Reports To: Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) or their designee
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the CISO and the NDSU IT security team you will -
- Learn and implement information security strategies, policies, and procedures
- Develop experience with network security and vulnerability assessments, security education, risk analysis and compliance testing.
- Monitor and inform on IT security issues related to the NDSU systems and workflow to ensure IT security policy and procedure are being followed and met.
- Assist with forensic investigations, learn and understand how to implement and conduct an investigation.
- Under supervised direction, perform security assessments and evaluations, IT audits and assessment for compliance with policies and procedures; track progress, communicating thoroughly status, and issues.
- Promote user security awareness, stay current with training, education, and awareness as related to industry current IT security practices and initiatives.
- Contribute to creating and maintaining standards and best practices as technology evolves; communicate and encourage adoption us practices across the campus technical community.
- Deal confidentially with sensitive situations and information.
- Participate in committees, focus groups, and staff meetings as assigned.
- Investigate and evaluate new technologies and techniques to promote use of technology within NDSU IT security.
- Major Field of study or degree emphasis: Computer science, Management of Information Systems, Criminal Justice, or equivalent experience and knowledge in related field of work.
- Strong technical background pertaining to software and hardware technologies.
- Understand advanced networking protocols and technologies.
- Familiar with risks and opportunities of IT security vulnerabilities and threats.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service, team environment, and diversity.
- Candidates selected will be subject to criminal and character background check.
- IT security metrics, methodology, and knowledge
- General knowledge of federal and state laws regarding privacy and security of protected data.