Student Employment (NDSU only) - TLMC Workshop Coordinator
The student Workshop Coordinator will assist the TLMC Full Time Staff with all aspects of the TLMC workshops for NDSU students, including scheduling, advertising, and maintaining the registration system. In addition, the coordinator will oversee and assist with creating, updating, and reviewing workshop materials; scheduling and attending practice sessions for workshop leaders; and teaching and assisting with general workshops as well as workshops requested by instructors who assign technology-intensive class projects.
Hours Per Week: 15-20
Starting Wage: $10.35/hour
Reports To: TLMC Manager
NOTE: This position could qualify as a graduate assistantship. To be hired as a graduate assistant, the following criteria must be met:
1) the student is a graduate student being paid via a stipend instead of hourly
2) the student must work the number of hours agreed upon and specified in the student's Graduate Contract form
3) the student’s academic department must approve the work as being eligible for a tuition waiver
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with assessing student technology needs, planning semester offerings, and evaluating the TLMC workshop program
- Teach workshops, marketed to the general student population and/or faculty and staff, on University-standard topics including Microsoft and Adobe software programs as well as multimedia topics
- Oversee and assist with developing, reviewing, editing, and updating workshop materials
- Flight attend workshops (assist the trainer by helping attendees during the class).
- Work with the TLMC staff to create and update online learning resources.
- Schedule and attend practice sessions for workshop leaders, providing them with feedback and instruction.
- Develop advertising and marketing materials for workshops
- Maintain the student training online registration system.
- Provide walk-in assistance in the TLMC lab (serve as a learning assistant), as needed.
- Continually work to enhance their own computer skills by attending ITS training sessions, flight attending for short classes, and perusing learning materials available in the TLMC lab and online
- Attend regularly-scheduled meetings and training as scheduled by supervisor and as required by the STS program
- Continually encourage responsible use of NDSU computers
- Enforce Student Technology Services work practices
- Adhere to NDSU Human Resources policies.
- Maintain a high level of professional competency
- Deal with sensitive situations and information in a confidential manner
- Other duties assigned
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Committed to life-long learning
- Well-developed computer skills
- Teaching, tutoring experience, and/or training experience
- Experience writing documentation
- Experience with Adobe, Microsoft, or Google software applications