Student Employment (NDSU only) - Interactive Video Network (IVN) Technician
The IVN Classroom Technician is the person responsible for the operation of the videoconferencing equipment for the North Dakota Interactive Video Network (IVN) during an IVN class or event. Typically this is a part-time position supervised by the IVN Technical Coordinator. The Technical Coordinator is responsible for recruiting and hiring a sufficient number of Classroom Technicians to provide coverage for their IVN classroom(s) during operation.
Hours Per Week: 10-20
Starting Wage: $9.20/hour
Reports To: IVN Technical Coordinator
The Technician(s) shall be trained by the Technical Coordinator in cooperation with IVN Network training personnel and/or programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Operate IVN room equipment during all classes/events as assigned by the Technical Coordinator:
- Have equipment up and running at least 10-15 minutes prior to each event.
- Conduct site roll call 10 minutes prior to event.
- Monitor the operation of the equipment throughout the event.
Report technical difficulties immediately:
- Follow proper procedures to identify and respond to technical difficulties.
- Make necessary calls (your campus’ Technical Coordinator, IVN Help Desk, etc.) to ensure the problem is resolved as quickly as possible and with as little disruption to the event as possible.
- Document (i.e. Event Report, e-mail, etc.) and report all problems to the Technical Coordinator.
Help maintain classroom appearance and security:
- Check room appearance after each event (push in chairs, clear off tables, etc.).
- Lock windows and doors before leaving the room unattended.
- Good time management skills
- Good oral communication skills
- Punctuality and reliability
- Current NDSU enrolled student
- Background in information technology