Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning, and Classrooms
Below are updates and timely information from LAIC.
Faculty Q&A Sessions - Dates & Times
- Wednesday, January 13th, 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Tuesday, January 19th, 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Wednesday, January 27th, 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- Thursday, February 4th, 9:00 am - 11:00 am
- Monday, February 8th, 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Wednesday, February 17th 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Tuesday, February 23rd, 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Blackboard Ally Now Available
Blackboard Ally was integrated into all Blackboard courses at NDSU on 12/23/20. Ally supports diversity, equity, and inclusive learning following Universal Design for Learning’s three principles of engagement, representation, and action/expression in a way that equitably benefits all students, faculty, and staff.
LAIC recommends prioritizing ensuring that your syllabus and required readings are accessible and that videos are captioned as the semester begins.
Visit the Blackboard Ally knowledge base pages to learn more!
Keep Your Zoom Desktop Client and Mobile App Up-to-date
It’s a good practice to update your Zoom applications at least once per semester, if not more frequently. The start of a new semester is a good time to check your current version and update the apps before your first class!
Zoom regularly provides new versions of the Zoom desktop client and mobile app to release new features and fix bugs. We recommend upgrading to the latest versions whenever they become available.
YuJa Software Capture for PC – Update Available
YuJa recently released a new version of the YuJa Software Capture application for PC (version v10.10.0). More information and instructions are available from Yuja Support. The Macintosh version will be updated in the next release soon.
PC users should download and install the latest version before the start of spring semester classes to take advantage of these new features and more:
- A new on-screen annotation toolbar is available while recording videos (optional)
- Can edit videos to make the recording toolbar disappear within the final video
- “New version” notifications and the ability to update Yuja Software Capture directly within the application make it easier to keep the software up-to-date
- New detection of anti-virus quarantine scenarios which may prevent Software Capture from performing in a normal fashion
It’s a good practice to update your YuJa
Software Capture application at least once per semester, as YuJa adds new