Topics Map > Services > Communication and Collaboration Tools (Web, Video, Voice, Storage) > Video Streaming
Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning, and Classrooms > Lecture Capture
Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning, and Classrooms > Video Streaming
YuJa - Taking a Proctored Exam as a Student
Below are step by step instructions for students to take a YuJa proctored exam.
To take a Yuja proctored exam, you must have:
- computer (multiple monitors are not allowed)
- Internet connection
Note: If you are also required to use Respondus LockDown Browser to take the exam, first start the YuJa exam proctored recording in another browser (i.e. Chrome, Firefox, etc.), then open Respondus LockDown Brower to take the exam.
- Log into your course in Blackboard
- Select “Tools”
- On the “Tools” page, scroll down and select “Yuja - NDSU”
- Click “Create Recording”
- If haven’t used Yuja on this device before, click the “Download” link
- Select “Start an exam proctoring session” from the drop-down list
- Select your class from the second-drop down list
- Click “Start Proctoring”
- When prompted, select “Open Yuja Software Capture”
- Make sure your webcam video, microphone, and screen recording are working correctly. Use the menu on the left to select the correct Video and Audio sources.
- Click “Photo ID”
- Hold up your NDSU ID card with your picture and ID number clearly visible. Click “Take Picture” and “Confirm” when you are ready
- Click the red “Start” button when you are ready to begin taking the exam
- Minimize the Yuja window. Return to your course and start the exam.
- When finished, Submit the exam, then click the Yuja icon on the toolbar
- Click “Finish” then click “Yes”.
Watch this Taking a YuJa Proctored Exam video if you need extra help with this process.