Topics Map > Services > Communication and Collaboration Tools (Web, Video, Voice, Storage) > CMS
CMS (Manager) - Grant/Revoke Workspace Permissions
Add or remove a user's edit and publish access to a workspace in NDSU CMS
CMS group permissions are managed in the Identity and Access Management (IAM) application.
Workspace managers can log in to IAM and add and remove members and publishers to the workspace(s) they manage.
Add a member
A member has access to view and edit new draft contents/pages in the workspace, and to upload/delete files in the workspace.
- Log into IAM
- Under the Service Management navigation heading, click Manage Services
- From the list of services, click the CMS-GROUP-Member service to which you want to add a user
- Enter the user ID (usually the part of a user's NDSU email address before @ndsu.edu) in the User ID (eID, EMPLID) field and click Search
- Review the user information that displays on the next screen to be sure you have selected the right person
- Enter a Justification for adding this individual (this will be recorded in the database for auditing purposes)
- Click Grant
- The request is submitted and should be satisfied within a few minutes
Add a publisher
A publisher has access to publish pending draft content/pages to the live web page.
After adding an individual as a member, add publisher permission almost the same way, except select a CMS-GROUP-Publisher variant from the list of services.
You must grant both -Member and -Publisher service to an individual who should be able to edit and publish content; however, you can grant them in any order.