Topics Map > Services > Accounts, Access, and ID Card > Identity and Access Management
Identity and Access Management - Manage Access
Below are instructions on how to manage access using IAM and frequently asked questions about IAM.
If you are a service manager, you can access the IAM self-service application.
- Click Login in the upper right corner
- Log in using your NDSU electronic ID (typically firstname.lastname) and password
(Note: If the Services link does not appear, you may not have permission to manage an IT service, or the service you manage may not yet have self-service capabilities in IAM.)
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the NDSU IT Help Desk at 231-8685 (option 1) or email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I add a user to the service I manage?
- Log in to IAM, click Services and then choose the service to which you want to add another user.
- In the Find a user to add field, type the person's NDSU electronic ID (typically firstname.lastname) or EMPLID (7-digit employee ID number) and click Search.
- Check to ensure the returned information is correct.
- In the Justification field, enter your reason for granting this person access to the service (e.g., the person is an employee in your department, works for an associated department, is a member of a project team or work group). This information is required in case an audit of access is performed.
- Click Grant to finish.
Why do I need to enter a "justification" when adding or removing access?
The required Justification field must be completed before a request to add or remove access can be submitted. Information provided in this field is useful in case an audit of access is performed.
Justifications must be a minimum of 10 characters in length and should explain your reason for granting access or removing a person's access to a particular service. Justifications could include, but are not limited to, the following:
- New or current employee in your department
- Works for an associated department
- Member of a project team or work group
- No longer an employee in your department (remove access)