Topics Map > Services > Accounts, Access, and ID Card > Identity and Access Management
Identity and Access Management - Manage Access
Notice: If you are looking for resources on HyFlex teaching, please visit our Teach HyFlex Page
Below are instructions on how to manage access using IAM and frequently asked questions about IAM.
If you are a service manager, you can access the IAM self-service application.
- Click Login in the upper right corner
- Log in using your NDSU electronic ID (typically firstname.lastname) and password
(Note: If the Services link does not appear, you may not have permission to manage an IT service, or the service you manage may not yet have self-service capabilities in IAM.)
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the NDSU IT Help Desk at 231-8685 (option 1) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I add a user to the service I manage?
- Log in to IAM, click Services and then choose the service to which you want to add another user.
- In the Find a user to add field, type the person's NDSU electronic ID (typically firstname.lastname) or EMPLID (7-digit employee ID number) and click Search.
- Check to ensure the returned information is correct.
- In the Justification field, enter your reason for granting this person access to the service (e.g., the person is an employee in your department, works for an associated department, is a member of a project team or work group). This information is required in case an audit of access is performed.
- Click Grant to finish.
Why do I need to enter a "justification" when adding or removing access?
The required Justification field must be completed before a request to add or remove access can be submitted. Information provided in this field is useful in case an audit of access is performed.
Justifications must be a minimum of 10 characters in length and should explain your reason for granting access or removing a person's access to a particular service. Justifications could include, but are not limited to, the following:
- New or current employee in your department
- Works for an associated department
- Member of a project team or work group
- No longer an employee in your department (remove access)