AVAYA Workplace Installation Instructions for Individuals with Non-NDSU Managed MAC Computers
Avaya Workplace is a soft phone application that emulates your University telephone extension on your Windows, Mac, iOS and Android devices. This allows you to answer calls and originate calls.
- For Mobile devices originating calls the calling party sees your University telephone number rather than your Mobile Device number
AVAYA Workplace reduces cell phone (mobile) minutes usage when used over WiFi and provides convenient mobile access to your University telephone.
How to get it – telephone administrators must order on the online requisition form. The app will not function until it has been enabled by VCS staff. The online requisition form needs to include the following information:
- For a mobile device, indicate the name of the user, the NDSU phone number, the cellphone number and email address.
- For a computer, indicate the name of the user, the NDSU phone number, email address and the computer number. When installing this on a computer a software location program called Gatekeeper will also be installed. When using the desktop application, the user will need to maintain the correct location they are at in the Gatekeeper program.
NDSU softphone applications should not be used to call emergency services (911):
- Providing accurate 911 location information can be affected by many factors including, but not limited to, power outages, device or operating system malfunctions, data network or equipment malfunctions/outages, telephone system malfunctions/outages, as well as other unforeseen issues.
- Softphone applications utilize a variety of underlying or dependent technologies to provided 911 location information, each having different capabilities and limitations. Some of these may require settings to be continually and accurately maintained in the application by the end user.
- Installation of softphone applications on personally owned devices may introduce unanticipated conditions that could affect the application’s ability to function, send 911 location information, etc.
For individual users with non-NDSU managed computers:
1. Go to software page and download Avaya Workplace for Mac: https://ndusbpos.sharepoint.com/sites/NDSU_SoftwareDownload/SitePages/Home.aspx
2.Click on AVAYA Workplace
3. Then open download folder then double click on workplace file.
4. Then the install box will open. Click install
5. Click open
6. Bash box comes up and click ok
7. Then click allow
8. Click Allow again
9. Click continue
10. Click continue
11. Click agree
12. Then click install
13. Put in your account password (user name/password of local machine) what is normally used to sign into the computer and click install software.
14. Click close
15. Click-move to trash
16. Go to downloads and open the Avaya Workplace app
17. Bluetooth-click ok
18. Workplace wants access-click ok
19. Access to microphone-click ok
20. Access to camera-click ok
21. Access to calendar-click your preference
22. Next click configure my account
23. Enter ndsu email then click next
24. Click USE_NDSU_CREDENTIALS
25. Enter your credentials for CAS
26. Verify your DUO
27. You can skip tutorial or go through it if you like
28. In the small window behind you need to click OK or Cancel
29. You are in the app at the Top of Mind window