Topics Map > Services > Training and Workshops
Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning and Classrooms > Exam Management
Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning and Classrooms > Learning Managment System
Course Copy Tool in Blackboard Course
In order to copy a course content in Blackboard from one course to another, you must be an instructor in the source course and the destination course.
Course Copy to a Different Course
- Log into Blackboard and open the Source Course (the course to copy from)
- Scroll down to the Control Panel
- Open Packages and Utilities
- Click on Course Copy
- There are four sections on the Course Copy Page
- Select Copy Type: choose Copy Course into an Existing Course
- Select Copy Options: Click on the Browse button
- On the new screen you will see the courses you are enrolled in as an instructor
- Click the radio button next to the course you want content moved to – the Destination Course – and click Submit
- The Course ID should now appear in the Destination Course ID text box
- Next, select if you want the complete course (Select All) or parts of the course (Select Individual Components)
- Note: if you choose parts of the course and would like to include assignments/tests, you MUST also check Grade Center and Settings to ensure the working links will be established in your Destination Course
- File Attachments – it is best to select Copy links and copies of the content (include entire course home folder) to avoid any permission errors that may occur with attached files
- Enrollments – do NOT check the box to Include Enrollments in the copy (you only need the content)
- Review what you have selected and click Submit when finished
- You will receive an email from Blackboard letting you know when the copy process has been completed.
- Once you have received the email, log into the Destination Course and review the items that were copied over.
- Remove any duplicate menu items and content from older courses that were copied over and will not be used.
- Reorder items to organize your course. For help designing and organizing your course, check out our Simple Course Design example. This type of course design will organize your course and help your students to locate the information they need to be successful.
- Delete old discussion posts if they were included in the copy.
Copy or Move Items or Folders within a Course
- Log Into Blackboard and open the course
- Find the Item or Folder you would like to Move or Copy
- Note: Moving an item removes it from the original space. Copying an item leaves the original and add a copy in the new location
- Click the arrow to the right side of the item/folder name
- Select Copy or Move
- Use the Destination Folder Browse button to find the location you want
- Select the area in the course you would like to place the item/folder in. You may need to expand a folder or area in the browse to find your new location
- Click Submit
See a video demo on how to copy your course in Blackboard HERE