Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning and Classrooms > Services for Students & Staff
Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning and Classrooms > Services for Faculty
CMS (TYPO3) - Beginner Basics
About this Event
If you are staff, faculty or a student employee in a department or organization that uses, or will use the CMS (Content Management System) – TYPO3 for authoring and maintaining content on Web pages residing within the www.ndsu.edu domain, this workshop is for you!
In this workshop, we'll focus on just the basic information you need to know to get started using the CMS. Once you learn the basics you'll be able to start working on your site and come back for more in-depth training later.
Learning Goal: Participants will be able to navigate CMS - TYPO3, understand its core components, and develop basic pages and page content.
- What is TYPO3 (CMS) and how to access and log in to the CMS-TYPO3 (Backend)
- Navigating the CMS - TYPO3 Interface
- Creating a new page and Editing existing page
- Creating and Editing Page Contents
- Repositioning of page content
- Uploading files
- Publishing your pages
- Deleting Pages and Page Content
- We recommend to go through the documentation under "Getting Started" on this page
- Familiarity with basic Windows or Macintosh computer operations. Familiarity with the Firefox or Internet Explorer browsers. Ability to Copy/Paste content.
In-person only, QBB 132