Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning and Classrooms > Learning Managment System
Blackboard - Interacting with Students
Blackboard has multiple tools that can assist instructors to create engaging courses to build effective learning communities.
OverviewStudent-to-student and instructor-to-student interaction is a vital part of any course experience. In a classroom setting, this interaction happens naturally, as students listen to each other’s comments, ask each other questions, and build rapport through frequent contact. Instructors can foster these interactions in a course using Blackboard, but it may require building formal and informal interaction opportunities in your course design.
- Announcements - Ideal way to post welcome and time-sensitive information to course success.
- Discussion Boards - How to create, manage, and grade.
- Email - Send emails to your students from Blackboard to their NDSU email.
- Groups - Create groups within your course.
- Journals - Can be private or course journals.
- Messages - Private and secures communication within your course.
- NDSU VoiceThread - Collaborate, present, and discuss.