Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning and Classrooms > Learning Managment System
Blackboard Learn for Instructors
Blackboard is a learning management system used as an online resource for instructors and the entire NDSU and North Dakota University System community.
This page is for instructors who teach face-to-face, and online courses. The resources included help to guide instructors in designing, delivering, and teaching their courses using Blackboard Learn. The resources are grouped together in categories listed in the Learn More/How To's section below.
- Set up your Blackboard Profile and Notifications to best meet your needs and keep you informed and up-to-date on course information.
- We have compiled tips and basic-to-advanced steps for all instructors, whether novice or expert to build and teach using Blackboard.
Questions to consider when designing a course:
- What is your teaching philosophy? What theories of learning do you align with? What methods and strategies will you be using?
- Is your course being delivered in a face-to-face or online environment?
- Whatever the teaching methods or delivery environment you choose, we have many resources available to help guide you through creating Blackboard courses for student success.
Effective course design is simple and straightforward. A well-designed course requires planning. Consider not only visual design, but also writing style, tone, the arrangement of information, and accessibility.
Instructional Design Resources are available by scheduling individual and/or department consultations with the Learning and Applied Innovation team.
To ensure security, always log out of Blackboard when your work is completed.
Learn More/How To's
More information available in the categories listed below.
- Blackboard for Instructors - Accessibility Solutions
- Blackboard for Instructors - Assignments
- Blackboard Mobile Application
- Blackboard - Add Banner Images to a Course
- Blackboard for Instructors - Course Content
- Blackboard for Instructors - Managing Your Blackboard course
- Blackboard for Instructors - Grading
- Blackboard for Instructors - Interacting with Students
- Blackboard for Instructors - Navigation
- Blackboard for Instructors - Tests, Pools, and Surveys
- Blackboard for Instructors - Track Student Performance
The Blackboard LMS helps maintain a safe and secure learning experience for students while efficiently and effectively delivering instruction, facilitating communication, fostering collaboration between students, assessing student learning, and providing resources for student support. Instructors post course materials, assignments, assessments, and a variety of communication activities within the course site. Students can access the Blackboard course site anywhere and anytime using an internet-connected device.
The interactions and activities within the course site can be analyzed to identify patterns and gaps in learning to help support student learning and success.
- Blackboard references the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1 AA) when assessing Blackboard content.
- Blackboard Ally is integrated into Blackboard providing accessibility guidance to instructors and Alternative Formats for students.