Virtual Open Lab
How to utilize a virtual lab desktop.
- Log into VMware Horizon
- Enter your username and password (NDSU credentials)
- Click on the computer icon labeled "Computer Lab 2021" (logging into the virtual desktop may take a few minutes)
Copying Your Files To Your Computer
Files saved to the virtual computer need to be moved to your local computer or they will be lost
- Click the gray tab on the left edge of your virtual window
- Click the Open File Transfer Panel button
- Navigate to where the files are saved on the virtual desktop
- Select the files you want to move
- Press CTRL and C
- Selected files will show up in the download list
- Click the down arrow to save the files to your local computer
- Files will now be saved to your local Downloads folder
- To log off the virtual machine, click the Sign Out icon on the desktop.