Topics Map > Services > Computing Equipment, Software and Support > Printing
Departmental Printing - Send scans to a USB Thumb Drive or SD Card
The Lanier Printers on campus for departmental printing have the ability to scan documents directly to portable storage devices. There are some limitations and may not be enabled on your device. If you try these directions and are unable to scan to those devices, please contact Document Publishing to get that feature enabled on your departmental Lanier Printer.
This process will only work for scanning documents. You will NOT be able to print to a USB or SD card from the Lanier.
- Insert USB drive or SD card in the receptacle on the left of the device
- Place document to be scanned in the Paper Feed
- Press Scan
- Enter Code for your department
- Select Scan to Folder
- Select Store to Memory Device
- Click OK
- Start the scan
- When finished tap exit and remove the USB Drive or SD card
- Tap Clear Modes to return the device to default Scanner Settings