Oracle Java Transition
This article is to provide information on how to uninstall Java.
Oracle Java Licensing Change
Oracle Java changed their licensing back in the beginning of 2019 in which it is no longer available for commercial use without a license. We will replace the versions of Oracle Java with Zulu Java version which is free to use on campus. This product is also patched with our Third Party Patch Management solution. If you need Oracle Java on any device or system in your department, you’ll need either buy a license or see if the open source product would work.
Using an older, unsupported version of Oracle Java puts your application and the institution at risk for security vulnerabilities and software bugs. If you need help assessing what you should do, please contact Chad Coleman for technical questions or Wendy McCrory for purchasing options.
- Open the Control Panel from the Start Menu.
- Select Programs and Features
- Locate the Java(TM) in the list.
- Select the version and click Uninstall.
- Zulu download: https://www.azul.com/downloads/zulu-community/?architecture=x86-64-bit&package=jdk
- Look for Zulu 11 LTS
- Click download next to correct OS version
- Install downloaded file