Topics Map > Services > Communication and Collaboration Tools (Web, Video, Voice, Storage)
Microsoft Teams - Change Your Background
This page includes instructions on how to change your background in Microsoft Teams before a meeting and during a meeting.
Change Your Background Before a Meeting Starts
- While you're setting up your video and audio before joining a meeting, select Background filters (it's just below the video image). Your background options will display on the right.
- Select Blur to blur your background. You'll appear nice and clear while everything behind you is subtly concealed.
- You can also replace your background with one of the images provided, or with one of your own choosing. To use an image of your own, select Add new and then select one to upload from your computer. Make sure it's a .JPG, .PNG, or .BMP file.
Your new background will persist in all your meetings and calls until you change it again.
Change Your Background During a Meeting
- Go to your meeting controls and select More actions (the icon with three dots) > Apply background effects.
- Select Blur to blur your background, or choose from the available images to replace it. To upload an image of your own, select Add new and pick a .JPG, .PNG, or .BMP file from your computer.
- Select Preview to see how your chosen background looks before you apply it, and then select Apply