Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning, and Classrooms
Google Apps - How to Work on Projects Offline
Below are instructions on how to work on Google Apps projects when you are offline.
Before you can turn on Offline Access:
- You must be connected to internet
- Must use Google Chrome
- Can’t use private browsing
- Must gave Google Docs Offline Chrome Extension
- Must have space on device to save files
Open Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides offline
- Open Chrome, and sign in to google account
- Go to drive.google.com/drive/settings
- Check the box next to “Create open and edit your recent Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides files on this device while offline”.
Save Google Docs, Sheets & Slides for offline use
- On your computer, go to drive.google.com
- Right click the Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides file you want to save offline
- Turn on “Available offline.”
*To Save multiple files offline, Press Shift or Command (Mac)/Ctrl(Windows) while you click other files.
Preview Offline Files
- Make sure you turn on offline access first
- Go to drive.google.com
- At the top right, click Ready for online
- Click Offline preview