Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning, and Classrooms > Lecture Capture
YuJa - Creating a Video Quiz
Quiz questions students answer while viewing a YuJa video can be integrated directly into selected videos. Video quizzes can then be added to Blackboard courses either with or without recording the scores in the Blackboard Grade Center – it’s your choice! Instructors can see each student’s quiz responses in the YuJa Gradebook, even if the scores aren’t recorded in the Blackboard Grade Center.
Creating a Yuja Video Quiz
- Open YuJa
- Hover the mouse over the thumbnail image of the video
- Select More
- Click Quizzes in the Actions dialog box
- Click Create Quiz
- Add a Quiz Name
- Click Play to begin watching the video
- Click Add Question to add a question at a certain point – the video playback pauses
- Choose the question type, add the question text, select the correct answer and other options as needed > Save
- Click Play and continue until you’ve added all of your questions
- Click Settings > Provide Answer Right Away to let students see answers immediately and/or Disable Fast
- Forwarding to prevent students from answering without watching the complete video
- Click Save to save the quiz as a draft if you’re not ready to add the quiz in Blackboard – OR - If you’re ready to add the quiz to a Blackboard course, click Post: Check the box to the left of the correct course – this does NOT embed or publish the video quiz to the Blackboard course! Dates selected don’t matter!
- Click Post
Editing a Yuja Video Quiz
- To edit quiz questions, delete a quiz, check the quiz status, or to see all quizzes associated with a particular video, click Manage Media in the YuJa window
- Move the mouse pointer over the video
- Click More..