Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning, and Classrooms > Lecture Capture
YuJa - Instructors Getting Started
Below will show Instructors how to get started with YuJa.
Get Started with Yuja
Install YuJa YouTube Video (1:26)
PART 1: Managing Media
By default, YuJa will open to the “Manage Media” page (or tab). This is where you will organize your media files and control things like sharing, publishing, and security. Media includes your YuJa recordings as well as any other content you wish to share.
On the taskbar, you can find basic tasks that include:
- Creating Folders
- Uploading Media
o Audio Files
o Linked Content
- More options for organization and management
Places to share your content:
- Open folder that contains your content
- Hover cursor over content to reveal options menu
- Share with specific people
- Publish to a course
- And more…
PART 2: Recording Content and Posting to Blackboard Site
- To access YuJa, log in to any of your Blackboard courses. In any Blackboard course, open the “Tools” menu and find “YuJa– NDSU”. Courses using the new Blackboard template may also have a “YuJa Content” shortcut in the course menu.
- From the YuJa dashboard select “Create Recording”.
- If you have not previously done so, download and install the YuJa Software Station. Once installed, click “Start” to open the recording interface. Software Station will be installed in all classrooms.
- Give your recording a name and description. Specify the class and/or collection to which the recording is to be sent (optional). Set/test your video, audio, and screen preferences. Confirm settings in preview windows and audio meter. Click “Start” to begin recording.
- After a 3 second countdown, YuJa will begin recording your microphone and any video content (screens cameras, etc.) you have selected. A small control icon will be available allowing you to pause the recording if needed or to stop it when you are finished.
Posting to a Blackboard Course:
Option 1: Embedding videos in Blackboard items
To insert YuJa content within another Blackboard item, select the ”Mashups” drop-down in the Text area and select the “YuJa Media Chooser”. Browse your YuJa collections to select a video to post. Video will be embedded in the text area.
Option 2: Post a link as content
In any content area, go to “Build Content” and select “YuJa Media Chooser – NDSU”. Browse your YuJa collections to select a video to post. Video will be embedded in the content area.