Topics Map > Services > Computing Equipment, Software and Support > Printing
Departmental Printing - Lanier Printer Setup (Mac)
Below are instructions on how to set up a Lanier printer on a Mac.
Before the setup:
You will need to know the DNS Name, Model and your 5 or 6 digit code for the MFP (Multi-Function Printer).
The DNS Name should be on a white label on the Lanier, the model number is also on the front of the Lanier. Codes are obtainable by either contacting your department’s Administrative Assistant or by calling Print and Copy Services @ 231-2000.
IMPORTANT - Most Lanier printers on NDSU campus require a user code in order to print. You will need to follow ALL instructions before you can print to your Lanier.
MAC OSX (Mohave)
Visit Lanier.com to download the driver for the model printer you are installing: (this is an example for installing the LD630C model). Install the printer drivers you downloaded.
- Open System Preferences
- Click on Print and Scan
- Click the Plus sign to add printer
- Click on the IP tab and make sure that Protocol is set to: Line Print Daemon - LPD
- Enter host name or IP address (DNS Name) in the Address box
- Print Using = The driver you downloaded
- Click Add
- Choose the features and number of trays your printer has with the drop down boxes provided
- Open any editing program that is installed on your system (TextEdit, Word)
- Click on File and Print
- Select the printer you just installed
- Click on the dropdown box next to the printer line
- Click on the TextEdit dropdown box and select Job Log
- Enter User ID (Your Last name)
- Check Enable User Code
- Type in your 5 or 6 digit code
- Click the dropdown box under Presets and click Save As
- Save as Standard-1
- Click Print
- Check the Lanier to confirm printing
Contact the IT Help Desk if you have questions or need assistance.