Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning, and Classrooms > Learning Management System
Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning, and Classrooms > Synchronous Online Instruction
Zoom - Personalize Your Account
Personalize your Zoom account with a profile picture to help others get to know you.
You can personalize your Zoom account by adding a Profile Picture, Personal Meeting ID and Personal Link.
Adding a Profile Picture
It’s a good idea to have a profile photo for your Zoom account. When you turn your camera off everyone in the meeting can see your picture. This helps everyone to get to know who you are and create a sense of community in the online meeting. You can change you picture are any time.
Fun Idea: If you are wearing a mask in the live video, add a picture of you without a mask. Do the opposite if you have no mask in the live video, include a photo of what you look like in a mask.
- Log into the NDSU.Zoom.us web portal
- Click on Profile, top left side of page
- You will see page with your name, no picture and a link to change.
- Click on the Change link to add your profile picture. Picture must be .jpg/jpeg, .gif or .png with a size smaller than 2M.
- Click on the Upload button and Browse your computer for the picture you would like to use.
- Your picture will show up in a window allowing you to adjust make some adjustment to the cropping of the picture.
- Once set the way you want, click Save.
Create Your Personal Meeting ID
- Click on the Edit link in the Personal Meeting ID section, below the profile picture.
- Enter a 10-digit number, your choice, for your Personal Meeting ID
- Click the box to Use Personal Meeting ID for instant meetings
Create Your Personal Link
- Click on the Customize link in the Personal Link section
- Enter your Person Link Name in the portion of the existing URL, using 5 to 40 characters (letter, numbers and period only)
- Click Save Changes