Departmental Printing - Lanier Printer Setup (Windows)
Instructions on how to set up a Lanier Printer. Before the setup you will need to know the 'PRN' Name, Model and your 4/6 digit code for the MFP (Multi-Functional Printer). The PRN Name should be on a white label on the Lanier. The model number is also on the front of the Lanier. Codes are obtainable by contacting your departments Administrative Assistant.
- Step 1
- You will need to download the PCL6 Lanier driver, double click the download and extract to a location. This driver will be needed in the next step.
- Follow these standard instructions for installing a printer. When the instructions ask for a Printer Name or IP Address, type the DNS Name (e.g. prn123.ABC.ndsu.nodak.edu)
- Do not attempt to print a test page
- Step 2
- Open your search in the Start Button - Search for Devices and Printers and select it.
- Open the printer properties of the printer you just installed - Right click - "Printer Properties"
- On the "General" tab - click "Printing Preferences"
- In Printing Preferences window, click the tab at the top that says "Detailed Settings". In the upper right area of Detailed Settings windows, in the "Menu" set of Icons, click on "Job Setup".
- Step 3
- You need to type your USER CODE into the User Code area, as seen in the previous screen - click APPLY
Setup is now complete - please test your printer.
Support: For physical problems, such as paper jams, please call Print and Copy Services at 231-2000. For technical assistance in setting up your printer, please call the IT Help Desk at 231-8685. 2nd Tier Support is provided by Desktop Support (for supported departments), Departmental IT technicians or Print and Copy Services.