Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning, and Classrooms > Learning Management System
Make Blackboard Courses Available to Students
Below are instructions for instructors to make a course Available so students can see it.
Notice: If you are looking for resources on Hyflex teaching, please visit our Teach HyFlex Page
NDSU Blackboard courses are set to be "Unavailable" to students until instructors make them "Available". This allows instructors to control when students are able to access their course.
- Open the course in Blackboard > look for a small, red "padlock" icon in the top-right corner
- If the padlock is closed, the course is Unavailable to students > click the padlock icon to make the course Available
- If the padlock is open, the course is Available to students > click the padlock icon to make the course Unavailable
An alternative method:
- Open the course in Blackboard
- Click Customization > Properties (below the Control Panel on the left)
- Select "Yes" for the "Make Course Available" option
- Leave all other options on this page unchanged (the Course Name can be changed)