Computer Labs - Software Available with Remote Desktop
Lab computers are available for remote connections using the Remote Desktop Connection (RDP) software built-in to all current versions of Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac OS users. This will allow you to access your classroom software like you would in person, but remotely. RDP is not available for Linux machines. Follow the instructions below to remote in:
Note: Remote Desktop Connections (RDP) has only been enabled for non-reservable windows computer lab spaces around campus. See the RDP Enabled Labs list below for spaces available to remote into.
Remote Desktop access to labs requires that you be enrolled in Multi-Factor Authentication for your NDSU account. If you are not already enrolled, please to go the Multi-Factor Authentication - Set Up
page to set up MFA for your account.
- Select the lab you want to RDP into from the RDP Enabled Labs list below.
- Go to Computer Lab Details
- Available computers are indicated with a green icon.
- Click the computer you want to connect to and click Connect. This will download an RDP file for Windows machines which can then be opened to connect to the computer.
- Remote Desktop is build into Windows OS, but Mac systems will need the Microsoft Remote Desktop app from the App Store to connect to a PC.
- You will be prompted for credentials. Please use your firstname.lastname@example.org & NDSU Password.
- Then it will prompt you to approve a DUO MFA notification.
- You are then logged into a campus computer lab machine.
- When completed simply log out like you normally would on a lab machine.
Computer resources are limited and should only be accessed when software necessary for current coursework is unavailable on your personal equipment. Users should disconnect as soon as tasks are completed. Connections may be terminated if a local user tries to log on physically at the computer.
RDP Enabled Labs
- AGHC 188
- Aldevron 152
- Aldevron 288C
- Barry 14
- Barry 22
- Barry 274
- Barry 366
- Ceres 404
- Klai 310
- Lib 118
- Loftsgard 62B
- Mem Union 176
- Mem Union 188C
- Mem Union 188F
- Minard 288G
- Music Ed 200
- NNSH 11
- QBB 150
- QBB 200
- SHAC 2012R
- Stevens 288
- Van Es 188
- WDC 92
- Wellness 188