Topics Map > Services > Communication and Collaboration Tools (Web, Video, Voice, Storage) > Voice
This NDSU service provides you flexible voice mail management from easy to use interfaces; allows you to receive important calls on the medium of your choice and when you need to receive them; alerts you to new messages; has advanced speech recognition features; provides in-bound faxing to your email account; and allows voice messages to be managed via Microsoft Outlook.
NDSU is served by advanced voice mail and unified communications systems which includes Avaya’s Aura Messaging platform. It is an IP and SIP-based solution that is scalable and includes enterprise-class features and resiliency. Avaya is recognized as a leader in this area and Aura Messaging is its next-generation unified messaging product.
Features and Benefits
- Unified Communications - listen to voice mail messages via NDSU Outlook and smartphones
- Visual Voicemail - access, compose, and manage your voicemail from a web browser
- Easy to Use Telephone Interface - when dialing in the system utilizes the same command structure as most cellular providers (7 to delete, 9 to save, etc.)
- Multiple Greeting - use a variety of voice mail greetings to meet your needs (e.g. away from desk, on vacation, etc.)
- Notify Me - receive notifications of new voice mail messages in your email box, listen to voice mail messages on your computer, and receive text message notifications of new voice mail messages
- Reach Me - automated assistant that allows call forwarding to three possible telephone numbers based on rules you set
- In-Bound Faxing to Email - receive faxes through your office telephone number and retrieve them via your email box
- Outbound Faxing via Desktop - from a Windows computer fax any document that can be printed
- Voice Recognition - say names to forward voice mail messages rather than keying in extensions
- Self Administration - ability to change many voice mail settings via a web portal
- Emergency Broadcast Messaging - the Campus Emergency Notification System (CENS) makes use of the system broadcast features of Aura Messaging to provide a message to all NDSU mailboxes in a short period of time