Topics Map > Services > Systems and Infrastructure for IT Partners > Server Hosting
Below is an overview of Server Hosting at NDSU.
ECI is providing a fee-based server hosting program that will allow you to:
- Take advantage of ECI expertise. ECI has experienced server administrators who will monitor, maintain, and administer the server for you.
- Take the uncertainty out of the purchasing process. Let ECI purchase and install the server. Select either Red Hat Enterprise Linux server or Microsoft Windows 2016 server.
- Take advantage of the built-in four-year replacement cycle for server hardware.
- Significantly improve security. ECI's server administrators will keep the server current with security updates and configure it to limit unauthorized access.
- Leave the worrying to ECI. ECI is responsible for installation and configuration of operating system, system monitoring software, and backup client software. ECI is also responsible for replacing hardware components should a failure occur.
- Take advantage of ECI's secure server room. The server will be physically located in the ECI data center, which is an environmentally controlled space. Only authorized staff from the Division of Information Technology are permitted in this room.
- Take advantage of the ECI uninterruptible power supply (UPS). Your server will be connected to the ECI UPS with motor-generator backup. This will allow the server to remain operational during a power outage.
- Each server includes enough disk storage to accommodate the operating system, monitoring software, backup software, and the customer's application software. Additional storage space for data is available at an additional fee.
- Let ECI take on the responsibility for backing up your server. Your data will be backed up daily. When requested, ECI will restore the data as soon as possible but no more than one working day from the time the request is made.
- ECI will provide fast network connectivity (1000 Mb/s switched Ethernet) for the server.