Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning and Classrooms > Learning Management System
Blackboard - Create Smart Views in Any Course
Below are instructions on how to create smart views in any Blackboard course.
Smart Views can be used to filter the Grade Center for both "stand-alone" courses (sections not combined using the Master/Child relationship) or Master/Child courses.
You can create five different types of Smart Views in the Grade Center:
- Course Group: display different groups of students - groups must first be created in the course (Users and Groups | Groups)
- Performance: filter student rows based on performance on a single grade column
- User: filter by individual students
- Category and Status: display rows and/or columns based on your categories, user or users, and grade status
- Custom: create a query for selecting students using a combination of custom criteria
Create Smart Views in Master/Child Courses:
To make grading easier, filter the Grade Center display using Smart Views!
- Open the full Grade Center and make note of the different values listed in the Child Course Id column (they will be similar to 161-NDSUXXXX with the correct term and class numbers)
- Highlight Manage and choose Smart Views
- Click Create Smart View
- Give the Smart View a descriptive name that identifies which section it is
- Add as Favorite - add checkmark
- Type of View - Select Custom
- Set the Select Criteria to "Child Course ID' | "Equal to" | enter one of the Child Course IDs you noted in step 1 as the Value
- Set Filter Results to "All Columns"
- Click Submit to finish
- Repeat Steps 2 - 9 to create a Smart View for each course section
- Once you've created a Smart View, you need to "turn it on" in Grade Center