Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning, and Classrooms > Learning Management System
Blackboard - Importing Grades to Campus Connection
Below are instructions for importing grades into Campus Connection from Blackboard.
Grades Integration provides an option for instructors to import grades from their Campus Connection created Blackboard course directly into Campus Connection instead of entering grades manually. This document provides a step-by-step overview of how the process works.
- In Campus Connection navigate to:
- Faculty Center
- Grade Roster
- Click on the Import Grades button as shown below. This will import the Blackboard grades displayed in the “CC Final Grade” column OR any other column set as the External Grade column.
- After grades are imported from Blackboard, it is important to review the results. If the "Grade Import Error Log link displays, you need to click on it to review errors. If necessary, instructors can override the imported grade by choosing the dropdown arrow and selecting a different grade.
Common Errors / Resolutions
- The students do not exist in the Blackboard course.
- Students exist but no grades have been entered in the Blackboard course.
- If the students do not exist in Blackboard, manually enter the grades in the Grade Roster in Campus Connection.
- If the students exist in Blackboard, add grades in Blackboard and then import the grades into Campus Connection.
RESOLUTION: You are not able to enter grades for these students until the students are enrolled in Campus Connection. Contact the Registrar’s Office on how to handle this situation.
Course Sections Merged in Blackboard
- Grade all students in Blackboard in the master (parent) course.
- In Campus Connection, you will import grades for each section.
- When you import grades in the first section, all grades will populate for the students in this section; and students in the other section(s) will show in the ‘Grade Import Error Log’ with the error ‘Student does not exist on Roster’.
- Repeat the grade import process for each section in Campus Connection. Be sure to review the results to ensure all students are graded in Campus Connection.
FN, UN, FNN, and UNN GRADES
|FN, UN||Use these grades when a student stops attending class, and earned an F or U. You will need to enter the last date of attendance in the Grade Roster in Campus Connection.|
|FNN, UNN||Use these grades when a student never attends your class.|