Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning, and Classrooms > Learning Management System
Blackboard - Archive & Retention Process
Notice: If you are looking for resources on HyFlex teaching, please visit our Teach HyFlex Page
Below is the process of NDUS Blackboard archives and retention.
The NDSU Blackboard course Archive and Retention process will be maintained the NDUS Blackboard SaaS system. It is based on the NDUS Retention Policies, 020203 - Academic Administrative Records and 020601 – Grade Book (Class Record).
- Every semester an archive, of course, begins on the first Friday after grades are due.
- The archived courses will be created by the NDUS Bb SaaS Hosting team. They will be stored on the NDUS Bb Course Archive file share by CTS and institutions will have access to the archives.
- Courses will be removed from the NDUS Blackboard SaaS system after 3 semesters.
- Removal Process:
- Enrollments will be removed from identified courses
- Courses will be disabled
- Courses will be removed
- The archived course packages will be maintained based on the NDUS Retention Policy as detailed below:
020203 - ACADEMIC ADMINISTRATIVE RECORDSThis includes Course filesACFY+5 - After Current Fiscal Year Plus 5 Years020601 - GRADE BOOK (CLASS RECORD)ACFY+5 - After Current Fiscal Year Plus 5 Years
Source: https://apps.nd.gov/itd/recmgmt/rm/recSer/search/results?selectedDepartment=2150&select edDivision=006&disposed=Y
- Removal of archive packages will be done at the end of the retention period by NDUS.