Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning, and Classrooms > Synchronous Online Instruction
Synchronous Online Instruction
Notice: If you are looking for resources on HyFlex teaching, please visit our Teach HyFlex Page
Synchronous classes are good for online collaboration and meetings, pairing full video and audio conferencing capabilities with content sharing and recording.
Synchronous classes options:
- Blackboard Collaborate: a web conferencing application. With screen sharing, breakout groups, virtual whiteboard, chats and polling it's a convenient solution for online classes or meetings at a distance.
- IVN/Pexip: multipoint videoconference connections scheduled through the NDSU IVN Coordinator can now be accessed through the Pexip Desktop, Web, or Mobile App on your computer or mobile device
- Skype for Business: a communication tool that enables users to keep track of contacts’ availability, send an instant message, and start or join an audio, video or Web conference.
- Microsoft Teams: a series of tools for collaborating around the needs of a particular group and includes team chats, file sharing, video conferencing, etc.
- Zoom: unifies cloud video conferencing, simple online meetings, and group messaging into one easy-to-use platform and offers video, audio, and wireless screen-sharing experience across multiple platforms.