Video Conferencing - ITS Support Policy for Video Rooms
The support provided by the Classroom Technologies Group for classes, meetings, and other events scheduled in the following video rooms: EML 170, EML 183 and QBB 422 is as follows:
For classes hosted by NDSU:
Dedicated technician coverage is provided for the duration of the class.
For meetings and other events attended by NDSU faculty, staff, and students:
The Classroom Technologies Group will:
- Open the room
- Turn on the equipment
- Assist with roll call
- Connect a laptop computer to the videoconferencing equipment if needed
- Provide a phone number for troubleshooting assistance (The technician will not be in the room).
Additional services provided:
- Recommend videoconferencing equipment that meets campus and state standards
- Maintain contact information for all IP-based video units located on campus
- Maintain a database of videoconference systems used at NDSU
- Coordinate the scheduling of the dedicated IVN videoconferencing rooms
- Serve as the videoconferencing contact for campus and outside entities
- Provide support and training for departmental videoconferencing contacts
- Provide training on videoconferencing equipment
- Provide support and training in best-use practices for faculty using video rooms
- Install software upgrades of videoconferencing units
- Install and configure new videoconferencing equipment and peripherals
- Provide technicians for IVN classes hosted by NDSU
- Provide technical and troubleshooting assistance
For off-campus clientele:
IVN events: Follow the IVN fee schedule that can be found here
Non-IVN events: Dedicated technician coverage is provided at $40/hour.
Access charges (including administrative, video test, and room charge) are $25 for 1-4 hours or $50 a day.