Topics Map > Services > Computing Equipment, Software and Support > Software
Below is an overview and directions for NDSU students, faculty and staff to obtain MATLAB/Simulink on their personal computers.
MATLAB software is used for numerical computation, visualization, and programming. It lets users explore and visualize ideas and collaborate across disciplines including signal and image processing, communications, control systems, and computational finance. Simulink is a block diagram environment for multi-domain simulation and model-based design. It supports simulation, automatic code generation, and continuous test and verification of embedded systems. It is integrated with MATLAB®, enabling you to incorporate MATLAB algorithms into models and export simulation results to MATLAB for further analysis.
Obtain the Software
- Go to North Dakota State University's MATLAB Portal
- Click "Get Started Today" in the Download MATLAB box
- Log in with your NDSU electronic ID and password
- Create a MathWorks Account. Once you create an account, you will be able to:
- Download and activate software on your personal computer
- Start using MATLAB Online from you web browser