Topics Map > Services > Computing Equipment, Software and Support > Software
JMP - Windows Installation
Below are instructions on how to install JMP 14 Pro on NDSU ITS-managed computers.
Before You Start
- Make sure you have uninstalled all existing JMP components from your computer.
- To uninstall JMP components, open Control Panel and locate “Add or Remove Programs” for Windows 10.
- Also you must delete the folder Named JMP or JMP Pro located inside C:\Program Files\SAS on your computer. NOTE: If you fail to do this step the program will NOT install correctly and you will have to start over.
How to Install
- Log in at the Software Downloads page to access JMP.
- Locate and right click on the “Setup” application, then click on “Run as administrator,”
- If you’re asked whether you want to allow the program to make changes to your computer, choose Yes.
- Click Next
- Click Next again
- Select either JMP 32-bit Application or JMP 64-bit Application. The default is 64-bit Application. It is a good idea to use 64-bit version as most Windows operating systems are 64-bit. If you do have a 32 bit operating system, then you can select 32-bit version to install. Check the box for SAS software integration if you use SAS. Click Next.
- Click Install to proceed. The installation can take anywhere between 5- 30 minutes based on the system being used.
- When installation is complete, check the box “Create desktop shortcut”. You could optionally check for software updates but it is not necessary.
- It is a good idea to restart the system once installation is complete.
What To Do Next
- Once installation is complete, open JMP Pro 15
- You will be prompted to register the product. Select "Wait to Register" and start using the product.