Topics Map > Services > Teaching, Learning and Classrooms
LockDown Browser - Respondus Student Quick Start Guide
This webpage is a quick start guide for students using Respondus LockDown browser.
Installing Respondus LockDown Browser
If you are using a computer located in one of the NDSU computer clusters, Respondus LockDown Browser is already installed on all Windows and Macintosh machines.
Please see LockDown Browser - Download/Install Respondus to download on your personal computer
Taking a test
- Close all programs, unless one is used to connect to the Internet.
- . Locate the “LockDown Browser” shortcut on the desktop and double-click it. (For Macintosh users, launch “LockDown Browser” from the Applications folder.)
- If prompted to close a blocked program (e.g. screen capture, instant messaging, etc.) choose Yes.
- Log in to your Blackboard course.
- Navigate to the exam and select it
- A window will open, “Begin: (Name of the test) – Requires Respondus LockDown Browser”. Click Begin.
- If your instructor requires a password to begin the exam, a popup window will prompt you to enter the password to continue. If the instructor did not set up the test with a password, you should NOT see a password prompt.
- If you see a screen similar to this, DO NOT CHANGE THE PASSWORD. This box should disappear quickly
- The test should start. Once a test has been started with Respondus LockDown Browser, you cannot leave the test or close LockDown Browser until you click the Submit button!
- Message: To confirm the exam submission. Click OK.
- The exam was successfully submitted.
If you have problems downloading, installing, or taking a test with Respondus LockDown Browser, contact your instructor.