Topics Map > Services > Computing Equipment, Software and Support > Software
Mathematica is an integrated technical computing system, combining interactive calculation (both numeric and symbolic), visualization tools, and a complete programming environment.
OverviewWolfram Mathematica is a software system with built-in libraries for several areas of technical computing that allow machine learning, statistics, symbolic computation, manipulating matrices, plotting functions and various types of data, implementation of algorithms, creation of user interfaces, and interfacing with programs written in other programming languages.
To order this product for installation on NDSU-owned and student, faculty and staff personal computers, follow the instructions below.
NDSU-owned computers: Contact your departmental software contact (Software - Contacts) to place an order.
Faculty and staff personal computers: Complete and submit the Mathematica order form to request a home-use license from Wolfram.
Student personal computers:
- Create an account (new users only), using your @ndsu.edu email address
- Go to user.wolfram.com and click Create Account
- Fill out form using your @ndsu.edu email address, and then click Create Wolfram ID
- Check your NDSU email, and then click the link to validate your Wolfram ID
- Request the download and key
- Fill out Wolfram Activation Key Request Form to request an Activation Key
- Click the Product Summary page link to access your license
- Click Get Downloads and select Download next to your platform
- Run the installer on your machine, and enter Activation Key when prompted